3rd Annual Law Alumni Weekend
3rd Annual Law Alumni Weekend
Sponsored by: Northwestern Mutual, Proskauer Rose LLP
This year’s alumni reunion weekend is designed to give our alumni more access to the changes taking place at the Law School. Alumni are invited to attend classes, meet with students, tour the West Campus, and attend seminars spotlighting programs and centers led by staff and faculty members. You can choose your own schedule!
RSVP TODAY!!! (View Schedule and Registration Form)
Friday, October 19, 2007
Law School ∙ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Enjoy the day observing Law School classes, participating in lectures presented by faculty members and touring the West Campus. One of our sponsors, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, will also conduct a seminar titled “The Three Universal Laws of Investing.”
Contact Novella Ford at 202-806-8000 for more details and to participate
- Civil Procedures 1- Andrew Gavil, Professor Are you a seasoned litigator? Professor Gavil invites one alum to speak to his class.
- Sales and Secured Transactions - Alice Thomas, Professor Professor Thomas invites alumni to sit in on her class, which will provide selected alumni with the opportunity to make a class presentation.
- Law For The People: The Civil Rights School (panel discussion) presented by the Clinical Law Center, Tamar Meekins, Director
- Financial Management Seminar: The Three Laws of Investing presented by Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- An Insider’s View of the Legal System in Brazil presented by Attorney Ajax T. d’Alcantara, Howard University School of Law’s first James M. Nabrit, Jr. Fellow
- Class Reunion Planning for Classes Ending in 3’s and 8’s presented by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Sponsored by Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Notre Dame President’s Suite ∙ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (invitation only)
The Scholarship Reception will bring together students and donors in order to recognize the generosity of those who have given or established scholarships and endowments at the Howard University School of Law and celebrate the achievement of those students who have benefited from their gifts. RSVP is required.
LAW FOR THE PEOPLE LUNCHEON PROGRAM
Law School Dining Hall ∙ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Overview of Partnership with Prince Georges County, Guest Speaker: Lloyd Baskin
The Grand Opening of the Fair Housing Clinic Resource Center will take place immediately following the luncheon.
LAW ALUMNI COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Hosted by Dean Kurt L. Schmoke
Sponsored by Proskauer Rose LLP
Law Library ∙ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Law Library recently became the permanent home of the contemporary masterpiece “The Progression of the Negro” created by renowned artist Charles White. The entire Law School community is grateful for its placement and we look forward to exhibiting our acquisition during the alumni reception.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Howard University vs. North Carolina A&T Football
Game Greene Stadium ∙ 12:00 pm
Please RSVP by October 15, 2007 to
Ms. Phyllis Ragsdale at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-806-8000
2900 Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Keep checking back for more detailed information on Alumni Weekend activities or contact email@example.com
updated: September 28, 2007