Alumni Bar Support Mentor Program
At the end of each academic year, our recent graduates begin preparing to sit for their bar examinations. To support our students in their endeavors to pass the bar examination for the first time, we need alumni to serve as bar support mentors. As a bar support mentor, you will serve as a source of moral support for students taking the bar examination in the jurisdiction in which you are licensed.
The following are examples of things you can do as a bar support mentor:
• Serve as a point of contact for your mentee
• Share your bar preparation techniques and advice
• Call your mentee to show your support
• Invite your mentee to lunch or dinner for a study break or to discuss his or her progress
• Email your mentee with encouraging and motivating words
The goal of this program is to ensure that every student has a solid support base, confidence, and motivation to pass the bar examination. We believe that, with your encouragement, we can enhance our students’ ability to succeed on any bar examination.
If you are interested in serving as a bar support mentor, please e-mail us at SColbert@law.howard.edu or call 202-806-8002.
Thank you for your support of the School of Law, and I look forward to working with you to ensure the continued success of your alma mater.
updated: July 28, 2015